Gaming Galaxy
Welcome to The Galaxy of Gaming. If you are reading this then you are Looking over Our Forum and I hope you like what you see! If you do decide to register then look at the rules, Stay active and Enjoy yourself!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gaming Galaxy
Welcome to The Galaxy of Gaming. If you are reading this then you are Looking over Our Forum and I hope you like what you see! If you do decide to register then look at the rules, Stay active and Enjoy yourself!
Gaming Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a nightmare on elm street horror movie series

3 posters

Go down

a nightmare on elm street horror movie series Empty a nightmare on elm street horror movie series

Post by bozo 1st December 2010, 9:54 am

everyday I shall be posting a review about this classic horror series and lead up to the new 2010 remake. the first of course is "A Nightmare On Elm Street"

best.....horror movie.............ever.

the first movie focuses around a girl named Nancy, who lives at 1427 Elm Street, Springwood (not springfield Razz) she continues to have a recurring nightmare of a man with a burnt face and a clawed glove. it's not until her friend alice is murrdered in her sleep that nancy starts to relise that her nightmares are more real then she thinks. the man's name is freddy krueger, a sadistic, witty killer from beyond the grave.

freddy was a child murderer when he was alive, but the parents of the town killed him by burning him alive in the boiler room where he worked. freddy wanted his revenge on the parents, so he went after their children the only way they couldn't be protected, in their dreams.

when nancy finds this out it is clear that if she doesn't wake up screaming, she won't wake up at all.

the movie is packed with freddy's wit, gruesome death scenes, jump out horror and cheesy special effects, it is an absolute classic horror movie and I give it Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven/5

the movie is fantastic, but only watch it if you're up to it and be careful of little kids singing

one, two, freddy's coming for you
three, four, better lock your door
five, six, grab your crusafix
seven, eight, gonna stay up late
nine, ten, never sleep...........again

Spoiler:

and a little fact, this movie was the first movie the "pirates of the carribian" star Johnny Depp stared in

Last edited by bozo on 2nd December 2010, 6:06 am; edited 2 times in total
bozo
bozo

Back to top Go down

a nightmare on elm street horror movie series Empty Re: a nightmare on elm street horror movie series

Post by mikefx 1st December 2010, 12:31 pm

Yeh the Freddy horror movies were good.. at the beginning, but like a lot of movies, they keep making to many of them, they should just stop after sorta 2 of them.
mikefx
mikefx

Back to top Go down

a nightmare on elm street horror movie series Empty Re: a nightmare on elm street horror movie series

Post by bozo 2nd December 2010, 6:13 am

yeah well here is #2

a nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's revenge

this film takes place 5 years after the original, nancy has been sent away and a new kid has arrived on elm street and lives in the same room nancy did.

this boy also has nightmares about a man with a clawed glove, but whenever he kills someone, it is the boy who does the killing.

freddy is back and wants a new body so he posseses the boy and eats at his soul until freddy is back.

will it be possible for the boy to over come freddy? or will his soul be devoured?

I rate this one 4.5/5 stars, good but not great

Spoiler:
bozo
bozo

Back to top Go down

Post by elite1 3rd December 2010, 8:57 am

i have only seen number one and was awesome.

The first time i saw it i got scared.

but question has anybody seen Freddy vs Jason?
elite1
elite1

Back to top Go down

Post by bozo 3rd December 2010, 10:01 am

no, that's next on my list to watch after the nightmare remake

a nightmare on elm street 3: dream worriors

this film is set years into the future, nobody is living in the elm street house that plagued the nightmares of two teens before hand, but instead, a girl named Kristan is haunted in her own house and dreams by the demon of the hour, Freddy Kreuger.

freddy's powers have improved and he's now able to control his victim's actions outside the dream, so long as they're still sleeping.

he unintentionally forces kristan into a mental ward where she is met by others who have had the same face in their dreams and she meets an old face. Nancy is back and ready to take freddy on again.

we also meet freddy's mother who tells us how freddy was born, and that he is the b*****d child of 100 madmen and that when he was killed, his bones weren't buried on hallow soil and the only way to to defeat him is to give him a proper burial

who will live? and who will die?

I give his movie 4.5/5

Spoiler:

this movie is also where freddy quotes his famous line

"welcome to prime time b*tch"
bozo
bozo

Back to top Go down

Post by elite1 4th December 2010, 5:39 am

when you see it can you please tell me what it is like?

It looked awesome but i don't want to see it because it is probally really scary.

lol.
elite1
elite1

Back to top Go down

Post by bozo 4th December 2010, 6:37 am

ok

now #4

"A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: the dream master"

with Nancy gone it is up to Kristan to keep her friends safe, but freddy is gone, isn't he?

no, freddy is back and the only one who can get rid of him is "the dream master" the one who has complete control over his/her dreams

kristan can't defeat freddy so in a last ditch effort, she gives her power to a girl named alice.

on by one, alice and kristan's friends are killed off by freddy, but where freddy takes their souls, alice inherits their powers, turning her into the dream master.

but still, what will the out come be?

I give this movie 4/5 stars

Spoiler:
bozo
bozo

Back to top Go down

Post by bozo 7th December 2010, 3:09 am

next #5

"A nightmare on elm street 5: the dream child"

with dream master alice defeating freddy, everything seems back to normal, alice is graduating and has some big news, she's pregnant

but when she starts having nightmares while she's awake, she knows something is wrong

she finds out that freddy is back and is using her unborn child's dreams to terrorise everyone and make the child his own at the same time

only with the help of freddy's deceased mother, can alice put freddy away for good?

this movie gets 4/5 stars from me

Spoiler:
bozo
bozo

Back to top Go down

Post by mikefx 7th December 2010, 2:12 pm

The cover art work on these movies is really great.
and good info on the movies Bozo.
mikefx
mikefx

Back to top Go down

Post by bozo 8th December 2010, 12:58 am

thanx mike Smile

next is #6

"freddy's dead: the final nightmare"

it's been 10 years since alice and her new baby boy defeated freddy, since then they escaped elm street and were never seen again.

since then, elm street has died away, no more children are there and the towns people live in fear of freddy

but not all the children have gone, there is one more, the one to bring freddy out of elm street and into an new town and to defeat him once and for all.

but is this teenage boy the final child, or is it someone else?

be prepared as freddy faces his child after so many years

the movie gets 4/5 stars from me

Spoiler:
bozo
bozo

Back to top Go down

Post by bozo 9th December 2010, 2:05 am

next #7

Wes Carvin's New Nightmare

this is the final film in the orginal series

this one doesn't take place on elm street, but in our world, the real world.
when the woman who played nancy in the first and third movies starts to have nightmare about her friends dying by a new freddy, she starts to think that it may not be just a movie.

she seeks help from the movie's creator, Wes Cravin, he explains that there was once a dream demon that took the shape of many things every other year, and that he took the form of freddy in the movies, but now the movies are over, the demon is free, but likes freddy's form and stays in it.

the only way to defeat it, is for "nancy" to go into the dream world and kill him off with the help of her 5 y.o son who is also possessed by the demon.

will they make it out alive b4 a real freddy kills everyone?

while the movie it self wasn't good, the concept for it was, I give the movie 3.5/5 stars

Spoiler:
bozo
bozo

Back to top Go down

Post by bozo 10th December 2010, 4:44 am

and finally, the remake

ok, this movie wasn't all that good, the only characters that remained from the original were nancy and freddy, and their relationship changed

in this, freddy was originally the janitor at the kindergarden where nancy went to, but he wasn't that in the original series

there isn't much to say about the movie except the person who played freddy this time was the guy who played rorshack from the movie "watchmen"

I give this movie 3.5/5 starts for the horror
3/5 for the story
1/5 for sticking to the original

Spoiler:

well that does it for the nightmare on elm street series
bozo
bozo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down